Our ParishLearn more about our parish, our faith, and the ministries we provide.
Clergy / Staff
St. Mary’s is blessed to have a vibrant staff of three priests and one deacon. The clergy are responsible for administering the sacraments of the church, providing the pastoral services to the church community and leading us in worship and prayer.
Father George Dokos assumed the duties of pastor at St. Mary’s in the Fall of 2014.
He has a Bachelor’s of Science in Pharmacy from the University of Minnesota (1995), a Masters of Divinity from Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology (1999) and a Ph.D. from the University of Thessaloniki (2010).
He is married to Presbytera Christa and they have four children. Fr. George was ordained to Holy Diaconate on December 8, 2001, and the Holy Priesthood on April 28, 2002, by Metropolitan Isaiah of Denver. He served Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Dallas, Texas, 2001-2004, Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 2007-2008, and Saints Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church in Boulder, Colorado, 2008-2014.
Fr. Jason grew up in New Brighton, MN, and attended St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church in Minneapolis, MN. After graduating from Irondale High School, Fr. Jason attended the University of Minnesota (Carlson School of Management) where he majored in finance. Upon graduation, he was a financial analyst for the consulting firm Accenture.
Fr. Jason, however, had the aim of attending Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology since he was a child. He began to consider becoming a priest when he was only ten years old. Growing up at a strong parish—St. Mary’s in Minneapolis—was instrumental not only in his choice of vocation, but also in his whole outlook on life. Youth ministry programs, chanting, and serving in the Holy Altar were all very important in Fr. Jason’s life as he prepared to go to seminary.
In 2001, Fr. Jason entered Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology after receiving a full scholarship from Leadership 100. There he studied hard, went to services, and grew in the Faith. There Fr. Jason met his future wife, Presbytera Alexandra, who is also a graduate of Holy Cross. In 2005 he graduated with a Masters of Divinity with highest distinction. Upon graduation, Jason served the Church as a youth director at St. Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church in Charlotte, NC. Fr. Jason and Presbytera Alexandra were married in 2007 and a year later returned to the Boston area where Jason pursued further graduate studies in Biblical Studies at Boston College. In 2009, Jason and Alexandra’s first child, Lydia, was born. God blessed them with a second child, Paul, in January 2012 and a third, Silas, in December 2013.
Fr. Jason was ordained to the Diaconate at St. Mary’s in June 2012 and to the Priesthood in August 2012. He served as the second priest at Sts. Constantine and Helen of Washington D.C. from July 2012 until January 2015 until returning home to St. Mary’s at the end of January 2015.
Now officially retired, Fr. Theodore (Ted) Filandrinos served in our Pastoral Care Ministry, visiting our parishioners in nursing homes, those who are home-bound and those who are hospitalized. He has also served the parish in other capacities during the Church Year.
He is married to Presbytera Ione, nee Nickolatos. They have three children and five grandchildren. Fr. Ted attended Holy Cross School of Theology and the University of Wisconsin.
Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the grandson of Slovakian immigrants, Deacon Paul attended Minneapolis public schools. He was raised and was very involved in St Mary’s Orthodox Church in Northeast Minneapolis. During his time at St Mary’s OCA he completed the Sunday school program, served as an altar boy, read the epistle, sang in both the junior and senior choirs and participated in multiple youth activities.
Deacon Paul attended the University of Minnesota, where he graduated Summa Cum laude with a B.S. degree in Biology. He received a Doctor of Medicine degree from Mayo Medical School. He completed a medical/surgical internship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas; an Ophthalmology Residency at Mayo Clinic Rochester; and a Glaucoma/Anterior Segment Fellowship at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Harvard Medical School) in Boston.
As a medical student and physician-in-training in Rochester, the Orthodox church remained the focal point of Deacon Paul’s life. He was an active member of Sts. Anargyroi Greek Orthodox Church and he served the parish in many capacities including Parish Council President, visiting inmates at the Federal Penitentiary in Rochester and cooking souvlaki and selling meals, pastries at Greek festivals.
Deacon Paul met his wife, Diakonissa Alexandria at the 1986 YAL Conference in Dallas, Texas. Deacon Paul and Diakonissa Alexandria were married less than a year later.
In 1993 Deacon Paul accepted an Ophthalmology Consultant position at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale (Arizona) where he remained on staff until 2004 caring for patients with medical and surgical eye problems. He was also the Residency Director for the eye physicians at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Phoenix where Mayo Clinic was involved in that program for several years.
Since 1995, Deacon Paul and Diakonissa Alexandria attended Assumption Greek Orthodox Church in Scottsdale. Deacon Paul spent five of his six Parish Council years as President. He established the Archangel Michael Parish Library; co-chaired two Capital Building campaigns for a new church; co-chaired the Building Construction committee. During the same period their three children: Andrew, Maria and Stephen were involved in the Church through Sunday School, altar service, Greek dancing, Greek festivals and Junior GOYA/Senior GOYA.
In 1999, Deacon Paul enrolled in the St Stephen’s House of Studies which was a 4-year theological studies program administered by the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese. He completed the required courses, tests and projects and in 2003 his Master’s thesis was approved which led him to receiving a Master’s degree in Applied Theology. In February 2004, Deacon Paul was ordained to the diaconate in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Fr. Anthony M. Coniaris has served at St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church in Minneapolis, MN, since 1948. Ordained a Deacon in 1950 and a Priest in 1953, he is a native of Boston, MA, where he graduated from the Boston Latin School. He is a graduate of the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Theological Seminary in Brookline, MA (Bachelor of Theology), as well as the Northwestern Theological Seminary in Minneapolis (which has since merged with Luther Seminary). He has attended post-graduate studies in the field of religion and psychiatry at the University of Minnesota and at St. John’s University in Collegeville, MN. Fr. Coniaris served on the Council of Religious Advisors at the University of Minnesota.
He is Past President of the Minneapolis Ministerial Association, the Twin Cities Metropolitan Church Commission, the Minneapolis Professional Men’s Club, the Minneapolis Kiwanis, and the Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches. He was a member of the Board of the Children’s Heart Fund and is listed in WHO’S WHO IN RELIGION 1976-77. Author of several books, he received the Three Hierarchs Medal for outstanding service from Holy Cross School of Theology.
Born in 1926, he retired in January 1993 after serving St. Mary’s for 44 years. He is currently President of Light and Life Publishing Company and has served on the Standing Committee of Liturgical Translations of the Archdiocese. He also served as Adjunct Professor of the Homiletics at Holy Cross Seminary.
During his priesthood at St. Mary’s, he worked through the local Philoptochos chapter to bring close to 100 Greek children to Minneapolis for open-heart surgery at the University of Minnesota under Dr. Lilihei. This was accomplished with the assistance of Social Service Department of the Archdiocese of Athens and the Children’s Heart Fund of Minnesota. He helped establish the St. John Chysostom Lecture series at Holy Cross Seminary, which funds an annual lectureship series on effective preaching.
During his pastorate at St. Mary’s, he led the congregation in building a magnificent church, school building, and social hall in 1956-57 on one of the most prestigious city sites, overlooking beautiful Lake Calhoun. The complex was enlarged with an additional building in 1972. A scholarship has been established at Holy Cross Seminary in the names of Fr. Anthony and Presbytera Mary Coniaris to assist needy students. Fr. Coniaris served for several years on the Archdiocese Board and Missions as well as on the Presbyter’s Council.